Friday, June 20, 2014

06-18-14 Outfit Of The Day and Mini Haul!

Hello Lovelies~

 Just the other day I caught a wonderful sale while out shopping with my friend Al. I love a good sale and I can never pass up clothes that are 50% off clearance! If you follow me on Instagram you'll remember having seen the new skirt I got a week or so ago and I finally got to wear it!

I didn't know how I was going mix it in with my clothes. I mean, most of the stuff I own just doesn't go with Hot Pink and Leopard Print, but I fell love with this skirt the moment I laid eyes on it and just had to have it.

 So before I show you what I got yesterday, I'm going to show off the evolution of my outfit!


If I hadn't been taking pictures, I'd have just settled with draft of the outfit. It's not bad, but Not good at all. I thought the pinks would go and be cute together and in the mirror it was! But on film....not so much. So off with the shirt.

 NEXT!



Then I thought a solid colored shirt would work well, but seems I've lost enough weight that this shirt now looks frumpy on me and tucking it in looked worse. Not to mention that it made the skirt, which I wanted to highlight, just ...There and rather be the star of the show, it looked out of place, so this too was rejected.

 NEXT!!!



Whoever 'They' are, they're right. Third time's a charm and I really loved this final product. In the beginning I was worried about mixing my patterns, seeing as the Putumayo top had pink and grey stripes and a decal, but the mixed well and I felt awesome.

 While it's not my normal frills, super dressy or casual, I loved it and even wore my Metamorphose headbow to tie it all together.

I truly felt like I could've been in a 'Kera' street snap yesterday. It's not pictured, but after I found the right outfit, I did do my makeup, but it's wasn't wild or crazy, just simple and done with pinks ^_~



Top: Putumayo
Skirt: City Streets
Pants: Yoga pants (No idea where I got them)
Shoes: Black Mary Janes (Got them at DSW)
Headbow: Metamorphose
Necklace: No idea (It was a gift)


 I don't have a lot of money coming in right now, so to feed my shopping habit, which I usually keep a very tight reign on, I have been shopping at the local 'Second Life' shop for 'On Trend' type clothing called 'Plato's Closet'.

When I first heard of them, years ago, I was much to big to even fit the occasional 2X the sell there, but No I am wearing 1X-2X and am very please with myself and can now browse with my friend and don't just dream of wearing the cute clothes I find.

 Here is what I found this time!

This Top is originally from Forever 21. It's a 3X, but their sizes run small and for $3, marked down from $6, I figured why not?

 It's soft and flowy. Half cotton, Half chiffon, and poka-dots! How cute!



My favorite part is the Peter Pan type collar and the gold rimmed buttons. This can be worn for casually, on an interview, or even a date. The designer of this shirt really did a great job.




Next is this super cute gold skirt. It's on an elastic band that's shot through with gold threads and the whole thing bounces and has great movement. I tried it on when I bought my pink skirt, but passed it up due to budget.

 This skirt was originally $8. I bought it for $4, only to find out it had it's original tag on it and was first bought for $44! This was an AWESOME deal!



And finally we come to my impulse buy. Anyone who knows me knows I carry my life with me in my purse. The bigger the better! But when checking out I looked over and saw this beauty and just knew I had to have it!

 Originally sold for $8, I bought it for $4 and it's so pretty! It'll go very nicely with a Hime outfit I've been buying pieces for for a year or so now.



 And that's it for my Mini Haul!

 All together I spent $11.45 and I think it was well spent. I am so excited to add these to my collection of Non-Lolita, But Still Cute! clothes.

Thanks for reading! Make sure to stay in touch!

Facebook : Kathleen Sweitzer
Twitter: Angelshinigami
Instagram : Rosesandcream
Tumblr : Livinglolita

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...