Friday, September 28, 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival : Design an Outfit for Under $100

Hello Lovelies~


 I recently joined a fun new blogging circle called 'Lolita Blog Carnival' and each week we will be creating a fun and interesting post about a voted upon subject, then on a certain day, we will all post around the same time.





This weeks challenge was to create an outfit you could shop/buy right now, for under a hundred dollars. It was fun and interesting! I loved getting to show off some of the clothes I am always dreaming about, but the hardest part was keeping it under $100. I'll be honest, I didn't make it, my cord is over, but not by much, so lets jump right in and take a look at it ^_^ 



With the holiday season upon up, I thought I'd go with a dress that is both Lolita and good for fancy parties or family gatherings. I went with this beautiful black velvet dress from Infanta. It has all the elegance of a Hime Lolita outfit with all of the wow factor of a well done party dress. Even my unsupportive family can't find fault with it, thus, this is my recommendation to anyone trying to ease their family into accepting they fashion choices.

 PRICE: $81

Shop this dress HERE




I debated whether or not to do tights with this dress. It is fine when on it's own, but I figured it is going to be a cold winter and I wouldn't want my legs exposed to the elements, so tights it is!

 I chose these tights for their rose pattern and no other reason. I think the rose design will look really good with the embroidery on the dress and compliment the lace around the bottom well.

PRICE: $10

 Shop these tights HERE



Next let's talk shoes.

 In the winter flats and low heels aren't good. They keep you to close to the ground and practically invite water to soak your socks, or tights, or what have you. Most would just wear boots to circumvent this from happening, but  my solution to this is a higher chunk heel or a wedge.

The platform keeps you away from the cold and wet, while the open format still displays your whole leg.

 Leather is better in cold weather. ...Yes. I just did that.

When choosing shoes for snow or wet conditions, always go with a shoe that can be easily whipped down. Suede or velvet shoes are dazzling and fantastic, but Suede will ruin when water is applied and Velvet won't dry forever!

PRICE: $24

 Shop these shoes HERE



Ok! The basic outfit's final price tag is...........$115!

 Not terrible, but not under $100 either. So while I'm already over, let's add a last touch.


 This one is a bit different. I found it on Etsy and fell in love with the idea. I currently have her doing a statement piece for me for my own holiday outfits.

For a low price of $30 'Sweetmildred' will make you a custom floral hair accessory. Just send her a picture of the dress you'd like her to match.

 Below are a few examples of her work. Please note, these are her examples, not mine.



PRICE: $30 + shipping

 Shop for this HERE

I hope you liked my Cord. Make sure you check out all of the other wonderful outfits created by our participating members!


Her Lumpiness

F-Yeah Lolita

Parfaitdoll

Darkly Darling

Ramble Rori

Starry Dreams

A-Lace-Jail

Magic A la Mode

Puppenschloss

1 comment:

caro-chan said...

I really love that dress! I loved seeing what other people did for this challenge, because it was so cool to see what just $10 or $20 over the budget could do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...